The Student Affairs System assists the school administration in automating and archiving students’ records with full data stored. It also assists the account management department in recording revenues in a detailed manner. This allows the school administration to extract all the accounting reports it needs, either in whole or in detail. The system also helps the bus management department in organizing bus traffic, seating students inside the buses and extracting the reports needed. The system contains the following features:
- Registering the ID cards of students applying for school.
- Registering date and time of interviews and exams for students applying for school.
- Detailed reports of student’s personal information.
- Report of students who haven’t fully paid their school expenses, with contact information of their parents.
2. Student Affairs
2.1 Recording student data in detail.
- 2.1.1. Student’s basic information.
- 2.1.2. Subjects’ basic data and information.
- 2.1.3. Student documents.
- 2.1.4. Parent data and information.
- 2.1.5. Marital status of the mother.
- 2.1.6. Custody and guardianship.
- 2.1.7. Data of checking out files.
- 2.1.8. Address and contact information.
- 2.1.9. In case of emergency.
2.2 Reports of Student Affairs.
- 2.2.1 Student enrollment register.
- 2.2.2 Coordinating students within grades.
- 2.2.3 Detailed statistic of the grades.
- 2.2.4 Statistic of the files checked out by students.
- 2.2.5 Tally of all students currently in school.
- 2.2.6 detailed statistic of each individual grade.
- 2.2.7 Report of student conduct (absence).
- 2.2.8 Report of new arrivals.
- 2.2.9 Report of withdrawals.
- 2.2.10 Tally of all new students’ names.
- 2.2.11 Bus and contacting student report.
- 2.2.12 Parent Jobs and occupation Report.
- 2.2.13 Siblings report.
- 2.2.14 Children of employees report.
- 2.2.15 Detailed student report.
- 2.2.16 Printing a student’s ID card.
3. Student Accounts
- 3.1 Accounts.
- 3.2 Discounts.
- 3.3 Refunds of revenues and fees.
- 3.4 Other revenues.
- 3.5 School expenses of different grades.
- 3.6 Bus fees.
- 3.7 Revenues.
- 3.8 Registration of other revenues and incomes.
- 3.9 Receipt cancellation.
- 3.10 Types of revenues.
- 3.11 Types of expenses.
- 3.12 Expenses.
- 3.13 Petty cash for employees.
3.14. Accounts Reports.
- 3.14.1. Payment Report.
- 3.14.2. Late students who are paying in installments.
- 3.14.3. Students who are paying for the bus.
- 3.14.4. Total revenue.
- 3.14.5. The paid and the remaining installments for all grades.
- 3.14.6. Total revenue during a period of time depending on type of receipt.
- 3.14.7. Detailed revenue during a period of time depending on type of receipt.
- 3.14.8. Bus cycle report.
- 3.14.9. Bus cycle report for all grades.
4. Bus Management
- 4.1.1. Shifts.
- 4.1.2. Buses.
- 4.1.3. Bus regulation.
- 4.1.4. Bus companies.
- 4.1.5. Regions.
- 4.1.6. Bus regions.
- 4.1.7. Exit permit.
4.2. Bus Reports
- 4.2.1 students and teachers on a specific bus.
- 4.2.2 Students and teachers on a specific bus for all grades.
- 4.2.3 Issuing exit permit.
5. Integration of the system with the mobile application provides the following features:
- 5.1. Sending alert messages to the application showing the due dates of each installment of the school expenses.
- 5.2. Sending alert messages to the application in case of delayed installments.
- 5.3. Knowing whether the message was read by the parent or not.
- 5.4. A report detailing the amount of expenses paid. The remaining amount is shown to the parent on the mobile application.